We are excited to share with you details on our 2020 graduation ceremony. This ceremony will be a drive-in movie style with a combination of video footage and live ceremony items. The format will look as follows:
We will begin our ceremony with the video of students walking in to Pomp and Circumstance. This will be played on the Jumbotron. We will have our welcome message, student speakers, and guest speaker live on the stage. Students will individually walk across the stage for the awarding of their diploma. We will use the video footage already recorded for tassel moving and cap throwing.
While we recognize that this is not ideal and it certainly is not a “normal” ceremony— please understand that we are doing our best to create a ceremony the follows the strict guidance put out by ODE and the Governor’s executive order. Thank you for your grace and patience as we continue to work out details and celebrate our 2020 graduates.
Graduates- Please be on the lookout tomorrow (6/2) in your school e-mail for a Google Form requesting information from you. It is important for our planning purposes that you fill this out as soon as possible.
- Graduation Practice: Friday, June 12 at 6 PM, at Sublimity Harvest Festival. Address is 11880 Sublimity Road SE, Sublimity. Attendance is required in order to participate at graduation.
- Graduation: Saturday, June 13th. Ceremony will begin at 1PM, at Sublimity Harvest Festival.
- Students will each receive 3 parking passes. One of those passes will be for the vehicle containing the graduate.
- No vehicles will be admitted without a pass.
- Grounds will be open at 11:30 AM for parking.
- The grounds are sloped, however—we will direct larger vehicles (i.e. vans and trucks) to the rear of the viewing space.
- Head-in parking only.
- Guests must remain in vehicles and stay for the duration of the ceremony. Tailgating and sitting in truck beds will not be allowed. Again, in order to maintain our legal requirement to not have more than 24 people outdoors at the event, we must require that people stay inside their cars.
- Porta-potties will be available. Please know that inorder to maintain our legal requirement to not have more than 24 people outdoors at the event, when graduates are receiving their diplomas, we will ask that you not use the restroom during that time.
- We believe that our ceremony will last approximately 1 hour. Please plan your food and drink accordingly—knowing that you will be in your vehicle for a couple hours after parking.
- We will have a professional sound technicians to project the ceremony sounds throughout the parking lot. However, with the uncertainty of Oregon weather, we have also planned a secondary sound system that will allow us to run the sound through FM radio.
- We ask that all cars engines be turned off inorder for the sound system to be loud enough for all vehicles to hear.
- Again, we ask that you remain in your vehicles and not approach the staging areas for photos. If you would like to purchase a professional photo package, JMJ will be at the ceremony taking professional pictures. We will also have an employee taking photos to post on social media after the ceremony.
- We are working out details to create a livestream of the event so that those unable to attend will be able to watch it from home. Details to come later on this.